The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic is leaving us in a tough spot. However, there are a few things you can do for your health and keep your fitness in check without having to go to the gym. Here are 5 tips by a health expert
1. Do some yoga: An ancient practice, Yoga has been associated with maintaining a healthy mind and body. Yoga is simple enough to do at home; all you need is a mat and an internet connection to follow along with one of the millions of videos available online.
2. Take a walk: Simple and effective, walking, jogging and running are great ways to keep your body fit. Besides losing weight and keeping your body in shape, walking, jogging and running can help improve your cardiovascular system and best of all, you can do it anywhere, even if the parks are closed.
3. Play a sport: Sports, such as swimming, tennis, squash, help build muscle and stay fit and active. So if you have access to a pool or a court, head out and play to your heart’s content. Sports can lower cholesterol and hypertension while boosting immunity and blood circulation.
4. Use your body weight: Bodyweight exercises are simply exercising without adding any additional weight or equipment. Think lunges, planks, squats, push-ups and more. They are easy to do at home if you follow the correct form. They help to build strength, stay fit and tone muscle.
5. Invest in some home equipment: If you want to amp up your workout and do some equipment-based exercises, you can invest in basic equipment such as weights, resistance, bands and even a jump rope. You can watch some exercise videos or continue doing what you did at the gym. The choice is yours.